Employees in every department of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Ohio are encouraged to give back to the community through participation in a number of events, including "A Day On, Not a Day Off," a sponsored day of volunteerism honoring the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Employees have the opportunity to make financial contributions to community organizations through the annual KP Community Care Fund campaign.
Supported by Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Ohio employees, the campaign raises funds and support for area United Way affiliates, Harvest for Hunger, and Community Shares via special events throughout the year and an annual pledge drive.
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Ohio is proud of our employees who give back to the communities in which they live, work, and raise their families. To demonstrate this, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Ohio has established the following KP Gives programs:
• Gift Matching Program– Matches employees’ monetary donations to nonprofit organizations within our service area, up to $250 per employee and up to $500 per organization.
• Volunteer Grant Program– A monetary donation is made to organizations where employees have volunteered a minimum of 50 hours of their time.
Organizations must meet eligibility criteria established by a National policy, including:
• Be a non-profit organization as defined under Section 501 (c)(3) of the IRS Code.
• Be non-partisan and non-denominational.
• Be located in Kaiser Permanente of Ohio’s service area (Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit and Wayne counties).
• Not practice discrimination against any individual or group.