2010 Community Investment
Health Access: $656 million
- Charity Care – Medical Financial Assistance Program
- Charity Care – Charitable Coverage Programs
- Medi-Cal to Members
- Medi-Cal to Non-Members
- Healthy Families
- Grants/Donations for Care and Coverage
- Grants/Donations for Community Clinics and Other Safety Net Providers
Healthy Communities: $9 million
- Community Health Initiatives Programs and Services
- Grants/Donations for Community Health Initiatives
- Educational Theatre Programs
Health Knowledge: $48 million
- Medical Research
- Interns & Residents (Graduate Medical Education)
- Continuing Medical Education
- Nurse and Other Health Care Professional Training Programs
- Grants/Donations for Health Care Professionals Training & Education
Other Community Benefit: $15 million
- Self Sufficiency Training & Education Programs
- Community Giving Programs
- Community Benefit Operations
- Other Grants/Donations for Nonprofit Organizations
- Increased investments to ~$723M or 4.0% of revenue.
- Increased Medical Financial Assistance (charity care) from $59M to an estimated $90M.
- Expanded charitable coverage membership, covering nearly 209,000 low-income Northern Californians.
- Provided 24 quality improvement grants to safety net organizations, to support advancements in patient care and prepare for health care reform.
- Provided 7 grants to start or expand school-based health sites.
- Provided $1 million in Essential Services grants, to help meet critical health and human services needs intensified by the weak economy.
- Awarded 23 grants to advance Healthy Eating and Active Living opportunities across Northern California.
- Supported 6 grants focused on reducing violence including the Sacramento Violence Intervention Program for violently-injured youth referred by our South Sacramento Trauma Center.
- Reached nearly 360,000 students and adults with messages about healthy choices through our Educational Theatre Programs.
- Generated $1.9 million in support for 2,288 non-profit organizations through the Community Giving Campaign.